Holy STARCH! We need your potato ideas!
We are in search of the BEST potato dishes! Stuffed, fried or on a stick, potatoes can be consumed in infinite ways - cocktails, appetizer, sides, mains and even dessert! Simple or artisan, these starchy spuds are a great way to get your iron, potassium, vitamin c and fiber! So please share us your family favorites or ideas. The entry DOES NOT have to be a photo of a spud to be entered. Simply tell us your favorite in the comments!
The RULE of SPUD CLUB is there are NO rules in SPUD CLUB! Well, there are a few but they are so simple, and it allows us to find your post so we can validate your entry!
- Make of post:
- A photo of your favorite homemade or locally supported restaurant/vendor/food truck or your interpretation of a “couch potato.”
- If you want to share a recipe, we’ll add it to our community recipe book that will be available for free download!
- Use hashtag #CouchPotatoFoodFest
- Tag @Exhibition_Park_Lethbridge & @dinnerwithjulie
- Tag FIVE friends!
Where To Post:
- Simply post in the comments of this event listing & tag five friends!
- NOTE: For Instagram, you NEED to have your profile “Public” or we cannot see your entry! Alternatively, submit your entry as a comment on Facebook (see link: Event Link)
- Go to “Couch Potato Food Fest” event @ Exhibition Park Lethbridge and simply place your entry in comments and tag five friends!
EARLY BIRD DRAW-August 19! - 'All that and Bag of Chips’ Prize
- Two Winners will receive $100 in ExPark Bucks to be used at the Whoop-Up Days drive through “Drive-Thru Food Truck Festival.”
Three contest winners will be selected Friday, August 28 and will receive the following:
- “Explore Lethbridge” hotel package with complimentary attraction passes
- A ticket for you and a guest to a live socially distant entertainment dinner featuring Julie Van Rosendaal.
- NOTE: To ensure additional health & safety precautions, this private event will only host 12 persons. However, all those that purchase a box can join through Facebook Live!
- Dates TBD- We would set a date that accommodates all parties schedule!
- Curbside pickup or delivery of ingredients from local grocery store in your location!
Couch Potato Food Fest contest extended until Aug. 28
Post a photo online of your favorite homemade or locally supported restaurant/vendor/food truck potato dish or your interpretation of a “couch potato.” Three contest winners will each receive an “Explore Lethbridge” hotel package with complimentary attraction passes plus a private 'couch potato' zoom party with Julie Van Rosendaal (recipe ingredients delivered to your door); a total prize value $750 each!
National Potato Day Drive-Thru
Gourmet style (twice baked) stuffed potatoes with a variety of toppings will be available for $4 each at the Potato Chuckwagon at Exhibition Park on Wednesday, Aug. 19, 4-7p.m. Half of all net proceeds from potato and all Whoop-Up Days event sales will be donated to the Farm Credit Canada (FCC) Drive Away Hunger campaign supporting food banks throughout southern Alberta.