Welcome to Whoop-Up Days. Lethbridge & District Exhibition is committed to providing all guests with an enjoyable and memorable entertainment experience.
Your access to or attendance at Whoop-Up Days & the Lethbridge & District Pro Rodeo at Lethbridge & District Exhibition is conditional on your acceptance of the Rules.
To ensure the best possible experience for all of our guests, we ask that you conduct yourself according to all applicable laws as well as all of the rules, guidelines and policies of the Lethbridge & District Exhibition including those listed below and those posted within Lethbridge & District Exhibition (collectively, the "Rules").
Tickets, Supertickets and other entitlements are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, revocable and void if altered. Tickets, Supertickets, coupons, vouchers, passes and the like that are lost, stolen or fraudulent will not be honoured.
Alcohol is served at specific locations throughout Lethbridge & District Exhibition. Exhibition staff are trained in responsible alcohol management through the provincially mandated ProServe and ProTect Programs. All guests may be asked to provide government issued photo identification such as a valid Driver’s Licence or Passport. It is Lethbridge & District Exhibition’s policy to request government photo identification from any guest appearing 30 years of age or younger. Any guest in possession of alcoholic beverages on the premises may be requested at any time to produce valid government identification. There will be no refunds for confiscated alcoholic beverages. Any guest who produces false identification, or provides alcohol to a minor, will be subject to eviction and reported to the Lethbridge Police Service. Lethbridge & District Exhibition reserves the right to eject anyone under the legal drinking age of 18 years who is observed consuming alcohol on the premises. Lethbridge & District Exhibition reserves the right to refuse entry or eject anyone who appears to be visibly intoxicated. Lethbridge & District Exhibition will not serve more than two alcoholic beverages to a guest at one time and reserves the right to limit service to one drink per guest. Lethbridge & District Exhibition will not serve alcohol to any guest who is showing signs of intoxication. Lethbridge & District Exhibition reserves the right to discontinue the sale of alcohol at any time. Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind into Lethbridge & District Exhibition and may be subject to eviction by doing so. Alcoholic beverages are intended for consumption in Lethbridge & District Exhibition designated areas only.
In keeping with our family-friendly atmosphere, proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. Bikini/bathing suit tops must be covered up while on Lethbridge & District Exhibition. Clothing featuring offensive language, rude or vulgar graphics and images/emblems or can be identified as gang colours are not permitted. These items of clothing must be removed or turned inside-out. If in doing so the results do not meet Whoop-Up Days’ Terms of Entry you may be asked to leave the property.
ATTRACTIONS & AMUSEMENT RIDES
Access to attractions depends upon the safety rules for each attraction.
Amusement rides will be available at Lethbridge & District Exhibition during Whoop-Up Days. There is an inherent risk in participating in any such rides. We expect our guests who seek to enjoy such rides to:
- Exercise good judgment
- Act in a responsible manner
- Comply with all specific guidelines posted at the entrance of every ride
- Obey all oral and written warnings
- Properly use all ride safety equipment provided
The use, sale, growth and preparation of cannabis (indoors or outdoors) on Lethbridge & District Exhibition owned, operated or leased property is prohibited except as explicitly authorised by this policy.
The possession of cannabis products or paraphernalia is permitted on Lethbridge & District Exhibition owned, operated or leased property in accordance with Lethbridge municipal and Alberta provincial by-laws and legislation.
Cannabis consumption is ONLY permitted:
- At the Whoop-Up Days Designated Smoking /Cannabis Use Areas. Grounds maps, including designated smoking areas will be posted on this website.
- At such other temporary locations as may be approved by way of written special permission of Lethbridge & District Exhibition (Chief Executive Officer) and there is no appeal of that decision.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Please show common courtesy to fellow guests, employees and volunteers by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behaviour.
All guests are encouraged to drink responsibly. Please don’t drink and drive.
Laws prohibiting consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors, illegal drugs, and disorderly conduct of any kind will be strictly enforced.
Violators of the Guest Code of Conduct are subject to ejection without refund. Actions which constitute criminal behaviour, as defined by law, may result in arrest and prosecution.
SECURITY & BAG CHECK
Lethbridge & District Exhibition is dedicated to the protection and safety of its guests, artists, exhibitors and staff. Security measures implemented at Whoop-Up Days include bag check stations, metal detectors and security screening. All persons, bags, parcels, clothing and other items may be subject to screening/security checks at Lethbridge & District Exhibition entrances. Lethbridge & District Exhibition reserves the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other guests. Any guest who declines the security screening may be denied entry from Whoop-Up Days.
We reserve the right to deny any bag, parcel or other items to be brought into Lethbridge & District Exhibition, and to deal with any unattended object in such way as we consider appropriate.
If you are bringing a bag, please pack only what’s needed and ensure you have read through the prohibited items list in advance. Non-permitted items, including those with sentimental value or special meaning should be kept at home, stored in your vehicle, or can be voluntarily surrendered at the entrance. Please note there is no on-site check-in or storage services.
Please plan accordingly for possible additional wait times as we process guests through the mandatory bag check stations. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
SMOKING & ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES
For the enjoyment of all of our guests, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapour or smoke are allowed only in designated smoking areas.
2. TERMS OF ENTRY
We endeavour to make your time at Lethbridge & District Exhibition as enjoyable and safe as possible. Please be aware that there are risks inherent to your visit. By entering or otherwise attending Lethbridge & District Exhibition, you agree that you voluntarily assume all risks and dangers connected to, associated with, or incidental to your presence at Lethbridge & District Exhibition.
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO
We may film, photograph, record, videotape or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any person who enters Lethbridge & District Exhibition and/or attends Whoop-Up Days produced events and use the same for any purpose without payment to any person.
You consent to be filmed, photographed and/or otherwise recorded in connection with, or as part of, Lethbridge & District Exhibition journalistic, advertising, marketing, promotional, archival and/or security activities;
You consent to such filming, photography, and/or recording, including the use of UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) / drone which may be used to capture footage and will be flown in close proximity on park. And to any use, in any and all media, without compensation to you, of your appearance, voice and/or name for the above-noted purposes;
You understand that filming, all photography and/or recording will be done in reliance on these consents given by you by entering Lethbridge & District Exhibition; and you protect, among other things, the personal information of our guests, you agree: (i) not to reproduce, perform, display or upload any photographs, videos and/or recordings, that you may take or record while at Whoop-Up Days; and (ii) upon our request, to immediately remove and/or delete any and all such videos, photographs and/or recording online or from any other media.
Guests wishing to leave Lethbridge & District Exhibition during operating hours but planning to return the same day must have their hand stamped prior to exiting.
- Hand stamps are available during regular park operating hours
- A hand-stamp is available at each exit and will provide re-entry for the same day it was issued.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry for illegible re-entry stamps.
- Admission is not guaranteed in the event of a force majeure.
You acknowledge and agree that your admission to and attendance at Lethbridge & District Exhibition is conditional upon your compliance with all Rules, including for greater certainty, all applicable laws, by-laws and posted facility rules (including these rules and terms of entry).
We reserve the right to deny admission or to require a person already admitted to leave Lethbridge & District Exhibition, without refund, liability or compensation if we consider that the circumstances so require.
We may, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, change the operating hours of Whoop-Up Days or any attraction, close Lethbridge & District Exhibition or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to Whoop-Up Days, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment program if we consider that the circumstances so require.
Lethbridge & District Exhibition ‘Rules’ and ‘Terms of Entry’ are subject to change without notice.
OTHER IMPORTANT LEGAL TERMS
You voluntarily assume all risks and dangers connected to, associated with or incidental to your attendance at Lethbridge & District Exhibition, including your presence at an event at Lethbridge & District Exhibition (an "Event").
Under no circumstances will Lethbridge & District Exhibition be responsible for any loss, injury (including personal injury), damages or liability that may arise out of or is any way connected to an Event or your attendance at Lethbridge & District Exhibition.
You hereby waive and release all claims or actions against Lethbridge & District Exhibition or any of its sponsors, as well as against any of the respective affiliates, directors, officers, employees and volunteers of Lethbridge & District Exhibition or its sponsors, for any loss, injury (including personal injury), damages or liability that may arise out of or is any way connected to an Event or your attendance at Whoop-Up Days, regardless of whether such loss, injury, damages or liability arises from negligence, libel, defamation, loss of privacy, or otherwise.
Admission is not guaranteed in the event of a force majeure.
You acknowledge and agree that your admission to and attendance at Lethbridge & District Exhibition is conditional upon your compliance with all Rules, including for greater certainty, all applicable laws, by-laws, and posted facility rules (including these Rules and Guidelines).
From time to time, changes may be made to these Rules and Guidelines. For example, reflect changes in our legal or regulatory obligations. Revised versions of these Rules and Guidelines will be posted on this website. Accordingly, we encourage each of our guests to refer back to it on a regular basis prior to attending Whoop-Up Days.
3. PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES
To create a safe and secure environment for all guests, the following conduct has been deemed unacceptable at Lethbridge & District Exhibition:
- The use of aggressive, offensive or abusive language and actions.
- Violent behaviour including fighting, taunting and making threatening remarks or gestures.
- Intoxication or other signs of substance impairment.
- Throwing objects of any kind.
- Displaying signs or clothing with obscene, offensive, gang affiliated or indecent messages.
- Inappropriate displays of affection.
- Entering clearly marked restricted areas.
- Any action that impedes the enjoyment of other guests.
- Violation of any municipal, provincial, or federal laws.
- Acts of demonstration, solicitation, distribution or private sale of materials or event tickets on these premises are prohibited unless pre-authorized in writing by Lethbridge & District Exhibition.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
- Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind for commercial purposes.
- Engaging in any unsafe act that may impede the operation of Lethbridge & District Exhibition or any associated venue.
Our team has been trained to proactively intervene when required and is committed to engaging all guests in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
4. PROHIBITED ITEMS
The following items may not be brought into Lethbridge & District Exhibition:
- e following items may not be brought into Lethbridge & District Exhibition:
- Air horns/artificial noisemakers
- Any item deemed a danger/threat to public order or safety
- Articles of clothing with offensive language/images
- Banners/signs/voice amplification devices
- Compressed and/or liquid gas/aerosol sprays (except personal care products, insect repellant)
- Conducted Energy Weapons (i.e. Taser)
- Corrosive chemicals/flammable substances
- Drones/Radio Controlled devices
- Illegal drugs/drug paraphernalia/ substances
- Explosives/flammable items/ignition devises
- Flyers/samples/promotional items/giveaways
- Glass containers /other containers in which their contents cannot be easily identified
- Hand tools/electric tools
- Knives/scissors/bladed items of all forms
- Light emitting devices (lasers)
- Mace/pepper spray/bear spray
- Materials of an extremist/offensive /discriminatory nature
- Outside food & beverage
- Pad locks/chains/cables/zip ties/handcuffs
- Pets /other animals except animals with a Service Dog Identification Card
- Replica firearms/weapons including items that appear to be firearms
- Skateboards/Segway’s/wheelies/shoes with wheels/ hover boards
- Sporting Goods (baseball bats, hockey sticks, golf clubs, bows and arrows)
- Professional audio or video recording devices
- Unknown liquids/powders
- Noise makers (i.e. bullhorns, sirens, air horns, etc) or confetti poppers
- Hard sided coolers
- Selfie sticks/monopods/tripods, etc
5. Permitted Items
The following items are permitted in Lethbridge & District Exhibition:
- Small children’s strollers or wagons
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Soft side cooler bags with ice
- Infant formula
- Plastic water bottles (one litre or less), juice boxes
- Sealed/unopened water bottles
- Small snacks
- Mobility Aids (walkers, crutches, canes, wheelchairs, scooters etc.)
- Small retractable umbrella (cannot obstruct another guest’s view or enjoyment)
Lethbridge & District Pro Rodeo
- Blankets (max. size 8 X 10)
- Banners and Signs – Signs must be handheld, event-related, in good taste and cannot obstruct another guest’s view. They may not contain commercial messages, logos or political endorsements and may not be hung or affixed to any structures.
Thank you for joining us and we hope you enjoy your visit!